The hotel is split in two buildings. One building used to be the granary, the other one the dairy farm of Geras Abbey. Actually I had an excellent view of Geras abbey from my room at the former granary. The hotel is also linked with Geras Abbey by offering a lot of workshops in the rooms of the abbey.
My three top impressions of the hotel
- The inspiring atmosphere of staying with people who are taking lessons in creativity
- The fascinating amount of workshops offered in the nearby abbey
- The life in a former granary
I used my stay at the hotel for visiting an exhibition about the history of fire brigades and joining a lesson in creating hand-made paper.
- View of Geras Abbey (Photo)
- Steam powered fire pump (Photo)
- VW 181 ‘The Thing’ (Photo)
Disclosure: This trip was supported by 50plus Hotels Österreich and K-u-K Seminar Hotel Geras